LGBTQ Grant County will be celebrating the Day of the Dead / Dia de los Muertos at our office on Texas Street this year. This will include:
- Saturday, October 28 – Ofrenda / Altar setup and decorations from 10am-2pm
- Bring decorations and photos of your departed loved ones to put on the altar.
- We will also feature an altar for departed pets!
- Remember to bring special treats for your loved one’s ghost (chocolate, beer can, cookies…) to put in front of their photo
- We will provide some refreshments during these events, but please bring more!
- Sunday, October 29 – Open house during the Dia de los Muertos Festival on Texas Street (noon to 5pm). Come enjoy the fun!
- November 2 – Office open for visitors and for the Ofrenda Procession 4pm to 7pm